Genzyme partners with and supports numerous patient organisations in Australia and New Zealand to achieve our common mission: advocating for and addressing the needs of patients with serious medical conditions.
Genzyme provides financial support to patient organisations in the form of grants, which are administered in close compliance with all relevant regulations, to help fund the organisations' events, outreach efforts, and other activities.
To ensure that our relationships with patient organisations are thoughtful and transparent, we are guided by the following principles:
- Genzyme recognises that as a global company, we are subject to often differing laws, rules, and regulations in the many locations in which we do business. Recognising this, we will always comply with local rules involving interactions with patient organisations.
- We will respect and ensure the independence of patient organisations in their policies, decisions, and activities, never perceiving or placing their interests as subordinate to our own.
- Genzyme will neither request nor expect patient organisations to promote any Genzyme product or service.
- The scope and objectives of any Genzyme collaboration with a patient organisation will be open, transparent, and ethical.
- Genzyme will respect the privacy of all personal information and data we may receive from patient organisations and will not expect them to provide us with any personal patient or family information.
- We never require that a patient organisation receive funding solely from Genzyme, nor will we seek to exclude anyone, including competitors, from making contributions to these organisations. Although there may be occasions when we are the sole source of support (most likely with new organisations focused on rare diseases), we strongly encourage organisations to pursue and establish multiple funding sources.
We regularly publish information about the patient organisations we contribute funds to.
Download the list of HCOs to which Sanofi provided financial support in 2013.
Learn more about Genzyme and our partner patient organisations.